There are dozens of different website building tools available in today’s online marketplace. With so many options, it can be difficult for a novice web designer to know where to start. It may seem tempting to give up before you start. Luckily, Wix offers a simple, user-friendly interface and serious versatility to get your website started without a headache. Read on for an overview of Wix, how to use it, and what it can do for you.
What is Wix?
Wix is one of the largest website creator tools on the market, due in large part to their user-friendly design. Wix allows individuals, companies, restaurants, bands, and a wide range of other small groups to create websites to access the public. This allows small businesses and more to create a digital presence that can expand their opportunities and increase sales and traffic. Wix removes the limitations of coding knowledge and marketing prowess and allows your website to be defined by your imagination. From its inception in 2006, Wix has built a following of 100 million users, making it one of the largest and fastest-growing web development sites in the world as this is most important ever for a number of people who are much involved in it.
It’s a valid question. There are so many website builders out there. It can be difficult to make the case for one over another. But Wix offers a few extremely important features that make all the difference, both in the experience of building your website and in your final result.
● Ease: First off, Wix is easy. If you’re a seasoned web designer with years of HTML practice under your belt, this might not be a big selling point to you. But if, like most individuals, you have little to no coding experience and can’t afford to hire a professional, Wix does the work for you. You can choose from a massive range of templates, including online stores supported by Wix, portfolios, design books, blogs, CVs, and more. Wix pre-formats these templates so that your viewers or customers can scroll, click, pan, and zoom to their heart’s content. A polished, user-friendly website is key when developing a web presence and Wix can help you create that.
● Versatility: Another important feature is Wix’s versatility. Once you’ve chosen a template, you can edit photos, adjust fonts, add links, and include animation, all without any external software or design knowledge. Just decide what you want, and create it with Wix’s incredibly intuitive toolbars. Wix is also available in sixteen languages, and at a range of price points.
● Affordability: Wix offers hundreds of templates for free. But if you’re looking for something specific or higher-end, you can upgrade to a Premium Plan– at just $24.50 per month, the most expensive will give you unlimited bandwidth, 20 GB storage, Domain Connectivity, and much more. If that’s more than you need, there are a range of plans tailored to suit the needs of web builders at different prices.
Building with Wix
Getting started with Wix is as simple as picking a template from the hundreds of available options and tailoring it to fit your content perfectly. Wix is built on a foundation of user-friendliness– all you have to do is take advantage of the features on offer.
● Choosing Your Template: Consider carefully what kind of template you might want. Selling handcrafted goods? An online store will massively expand your marketplace. Starting a freelance career? Choose from a huge range of portfolios designed specifically for journalists, content writers, photographers, videographers, and more. Writing a blog? There are a wide variety of templates available that provide a sleek interface and highlight your content.
● Customizing Your Site: Once you’ve selected a template, it’s time to add some finishing touches. Include photos that highlight your product or draw attention to your work. A well-placed animation can work wonders in attracting customer and client attention. Making your site feel both professional and personal is the key to creating a site that people will visit and return to.
Promoting and Managing Your Site
Once you’ve created your site and customized it to showcase your content, you’re ready to promote it. Ask any digital marketer and they’ll tell you there’s a deep and complex science behind which websites succeed and which do not. But for those who aren’t familiar with web promotion, take heart: Wix has built-in features that maximize traffic to your site.
● Wix SEO Wiz: SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is the single most important tool in promoting your new site. Wix makes it easy for you with the SEO Wiz, which identifies and recommends terms, keywords, titles, and tags that will make your site more recognizable to Google. The more optimized your site is for search engine recognition, the more traffic you’ll receive.
● Outreach: Promote your site through email, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. The more platforms you can share your site on, the more page views your site will get. Be assertive! Have friends, clients, and business partners share your site in their online circles. Social media is one of the most effective ways to build a following for a new website.
● Stay Connected with Wix Mobile App: A website– particularly a successful one– takes frequent care and attention. Make sure that you stay up to date with purchases, page views, client communications, and more through the Wix mobile app, which gives you full access to your website from your smartphone.
● Monitor Traffic with Visitor Statistics: Wix provides in-depth visitor statistics so you can keep a finger on the pulse of your website. These are more than numbers, they’re crucial insights into the traffic you’re receiving, and what drives that traffic.
Building a website can be daunting, but it’s a crucial step in bringing your business or passion project to the next level. With Wix, you can skip learning to code, photo edit, and understand the ins and outs of SEO– we take care of all that for you. With a polished and professional appearance and a user-friendly interface, your Wix website will bring your content to the front of the marketplace in style, and make sure it’s there to stay.